The Yamaha P35 digital piano brings out wonderful sound, is light in weight and is portable. Compared to traditional pianos, this digital version is a great innovation for making beautiful music from the key settings of the piano.
The piano which is incredibly portable comes with a number of features and specifications that make it an ideal buy. Thanks to the new duo feature, you can easily split the keyboard into two identical halves which is great for practice sessions or duets.
When compared to a number of traditional pianos, the Yamaha P35 is an incredible innovation from Yamaha, a brand that has over the years reliably served a number of people well.
- Dimensions: 52 x 6 x 11 inches
- Weight: 25.6 pounds
- Keyboard: 88 notes
- Type keyboard: GHS (Graded Hammer Standard) technology
- Touch Sensitive: 4 Levels (Hard/Medium/Soft/Fixed)
- Weighted Keys: Weighted
- Number of Pedals: 1
- Number of Preset Voices: 10
- Number of Preset Songs: 10 demo & 10 Piano Songs
- Tone Generation: AWM (Advanced Wave Memory) sampling technology
- Polyphony: 32
- Amplifier: 6×2 watts
- Warranty : 3-year on Parts and Labor
The Yamaha P35 digital piano is not only elegant in appearance but it does come with a number of useful features and functions. Much as a number of digital pianos on the market take on the look of low upright pianos, this model, with Its casework is much like that of a traditional upright grand piano. The keyboard that comes with this model boasts of 88 keys in the usual Black and White color. The piano weighs 25.6 pounds and measures 52 x 6 x 11 inches. For storage purposes, in the event that you don’t have enough space for storing this piece, then it can be easily set to stand against the wall.
Features and Specifications
- Sound Quality: It comes with 4 types of reverb effect and 32 polyphony notes and incorporates the Advanced Wave Memory sampling technology. It gives off the sound of an acoustic piano with this sampling technology. Its 10 sound qualities when used with pairs of wave forms (L and R) and the 2 built-in speakers work together to produce special notes. The 10 sound qualities is not a common occurrence with other digital pianos from other manufacturers hence making it a fairly unique feature with this brand. In addition, this model does come with 1 audio output of TRS headphone and a 6w-2 amplifier.
- Keyboard: The keyboard’s matte key takes on the Weighted Graded Hammer Standard with the higher keys responding well to lighter playing while the lower notes require a heavier touch.
- MIDI Output: MIDI output for easy connection to other keyboards and computers as well as the Ipod. It is also possible to connect this model with older keyboards thanks to the MIDI output.
- Pedal: It comes with one pedal, the damper pedal which is inclusive of a sustain footswitch
- Power Consumption: ECO Operation which is great for saving energy as it automatically powers off the piano following a period of inactivity
- Duo Mode: The keyboard can be split into 2 halves that to the Duo mode it incorporates, with each mode utilizing its own middle key C.
The Yamaha P35 which is the first digital piano in Yamaha’s P series comes with a number of advantages inclusive of:
- Lightweight and Portable making it easy to carry around and store
- Comes with 10 preset piano songs and 10 demo songs which is a great addition for those who just wish to play the piano
- It makes use of a one button operation thus adding to the convenience of using this instrument
- Silent playing is possible thanks to the possibility of plugging in headphones
- Full set of 88 weighted keys
- 2 MIDI ports
- Easy to use interface
- It comes with a 3 year warranty on parts and labor to put your mind at ease
Disadvantages attached to this model include:
- It has a plastic feeling which is not found on traditional upright pianos
- There are complaints of limited applicability with 2 or 3 notes of the 10 sound quality
- There are 2 harp cords available and yet this piano only needs one
- Both organs are pipe organs as opposed to jazz or rock
- No audio inputs making recording notes impossible
- No additional sound controller or expandable pedal
Where it can be used
The Yamaha P35 digital piano can be comfortably used at home or on a stage for live performance thanks to the numerous features it comes with. Piano playing is one of the most popular musical pastime among a number of people.
Who would best benefit from this model?
It doesn’t matter if you are a new user or an advanced one; this piano will do the job just fine. It is relatively easy to use with simple key configuration in that children too don’t find it difficult to use this piano.
For its price, the Yamaha p35 is a great addition for an enthusiastic piano player. The downsides are pale compared to the upsides of owning it. Besides its shortcomings, the Yamaha P35 comes with a number of benefits that you will be hard pressed to find in another cheap digital piano.
Leave a Reply