Thanks to its quality, wonderful specifications and overall features, the Yamaha P105 is an excellent product from Yamaha. The piano is beautifully crafted and comes in a beautiful black color. The design is sleek and the quality is good.
- Dimensions: 58.2 x 16.1 x 11.8 inches
- Weight: 35.7 pounds
- Keyboard: 88 notes
- Type keyboard: GHS ( Graded Hammer Standard) Keyboard
- Touch Sensitive: 4 Levels (Hard/Medium/Soft/Fixed)
- Weighted Keys: Medium Weighted
- Number of Pedals: 2
- Number of Preset Voices: 14
- Number of Preset Songs: 14 demo & 50 Piano Songs
- Tone Generating Technology: Pure CF Sound Engine
- Polyphony: 128- note
- Speakers: (12cm+5cm)x2
- Amplifiers: 7×2 watts
- Color: Black & White
- Warranty : 3-year on Parts and Labor
Features and Specifications
- Dimension: Although it does look like a stage piano, complete with the 2 polished Black and White look, this model only weighs 35.7 pounds. It measures 2 x 16.1 x 11.8 inches making it relatively small. It can be easily moved and stored almost anywhere thanks to its small size. In case you need to take it with you anywhere, all you will have to do is to remove the additional stand and any other external equipment and you will be good to go.
- Sound: Beautiful sound with the Advanced wave memory and pure CF sound engine technology. The piano comes with 14 preset voices with 10 built in style(Waltz, March, Arpeggio, Boogie, Rag, Slow Rock, Blues, Jazz Waltz and Jazz Ballad) that make for wonderful sound experience. In addition, there are a number of drum sounds such as Triplet beat, 8 beat, March, 16 beat, Bassanova, 6/8 March, Samba, Jazz Waltz and Waltz
- Keyboard: Non-slip keys(88) on the keyboard complete with Graded Hammer Action. It is possible to shift the touch sensitive keyboard to Soft, Medium, Hard or Fixed levels. In addition, it is possible to split the keyboard into Duo mode to enable two pianists enjoy playing the piano.
- Pedals: It comes with two pedals, a soft pedal and sustain pedal. The Soft pedal does incorporate a foot controller input. In addition, it is possible to acquire and add to the piano a separate LPS pedal unit which is sold separately.
- Memory: This feature is common to mainly Yamaha pianos. This model comes with 14 preset voices in addition to the 10 built in style. Its sound is recorded from Yamaha’s CFIIIS Concert Grand Piano, a world renowned for giving off excellent sound quality.
- Power: An on/off power button at the upper left part of the keyboard. You can make use of the on/off switch at the rare panel to deal with the internal speakers while the main volume slider which is located at the right top of the keyboard is useful for adjusting the volume of the piano. A LED light within important buttons makes it possible to easily use the instrument.
- LED Display: Main controls are easily seen thanks to the LCD display. The screen is capable of presenting 32 characters in one go, something which is useful for looking at songs as you play.
- Connection: Connection to the computer and transfer of notations and applications to the piano is made easy thanks to the USB MIDI Support. The USB Host support feature enables easy connection between the piano and computer for convenient direct transfer of data. It is now possible to transport a number of music production notations or applications to your piano thanks to this feature. In addition, it is possible to add more power to the speakers thanks to the AUX Line Out feature which connects the piano to the computer’s sound card.
- Pianist Style: This piano model features the Pianist style, a feature that doesn’t come with other pianos from this brand. With the Pianist Style technology, simple sounds can be turned into a full piano accomplishment that is exciting and great.
- Music Library: There are 50 preset piano songs and 14 demo songs included in the music library with each song taking up approximately 100kb of space.
- Recording Feature: This model comes with 4 speakers of which two are 5cm and two are 12cm. In addition, it comes with two amplifiers (7 watts) which are capable of playing simultaneously. There is a 2 Track recorder feature which in working with the SMP Playback facility can record one full song.
- Effects and Resonance: This model does come with 4 types of reverb complete with the Intelligent Acoustic Control. Extra pressure can be added to the keys thanks to the Damper Resonance feature.
- Power Consumption: Power consumption is at 11watts. In addition, an auto power off option is available to further help save power. Also sold separately from the piano is the PA-150/ PA 150A power supply unit.
There are plenty of advantages attached to this model, some of which include:
- Lightweight and compact which makes it easy to carry around and store.
- The no plastic feeling piano complete with the easy to grip 88 keys makes for wonderful playing for both beginners and experienced pianists.
- LED display for easy viewing as you work with important buttons such as on/off
- The Pianist Style feature is a great addition for richer piano sounds
- Good quality and durability of the piano as a whole makes it stand apart from its competitors.
Unfortunately, with all the great features and numerous advantages, there are still disadvantages attached to this model. Some of the complaints attached to it include:
- The speakers could do with a bit more work to make them perfect
- No built in stabilizer
- There is no additional stand available
- Unlike the Casio PX 850, this model comes with no pedal or keyboard cover
The Yamaha P105 digital piano comes at a low price and packs a number of useful features that are great for producing wonderful sound. This makes it an ideal choice for many. It includes a product warranty to keep your mind at ease. Overall, the Yamaha P105 Digital Piano is a great piano to have as it lets you bring forth beautiful music. In addition, the pricing is reasonable.